120127 - Genesis 45-46 - Joseph interprets the significance of his own life

Friday SOAP: Joseph's gift for interpretation works on his own life story. In chapter 41, he was content to "forget all my toil, and my father's house." Now he sees God's hand in it all, with his family in the center, and deliverance and posterity as the purpose. God's promise to make Israel a great nation is repeated in 46:3 - and we understand the ultimate purpose was to bring forth Christ, the ultimate Deliverer.

------------------------------------------------------------------------
(Why "SOAP?" See http://www.enewhope.org/firststeps/journaling)
------------------------------------------------------------------------

S: And God sent me before you to preserve you a posterity in the earth, and to save your lives by a great deliverance. So now it was not you that sent me hither, but God: and he hath made me a father to Pharaoh, and lord of all his house, and a ruler throughout all the land of Egypt. (Ge 45:7-8).

O: Joseph has reconciled his past, and interpreted it, just as he interpreted Pharoah's dream. Just as then, it was not in him, (Gen. 41:16), but God gave Joseph an answer of peace.

A: We all need to review our lives and ask for wisdom and objectivity to interpret how God has been leading. See my page at iChristianLife.com for more.

P: Lord, you have good works you've planned for me to walk in - and I know I may not be ready for them until I better understand how I've already walked. Please help me.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

We have all contracted the virus....

2023—Week21: Ezra01-Nehemiah11; John19-Acts04

1 Samuel 28-29; Psalm 106; Romans 10