120125 - Genesis 41-42 - Joseph's fruitfulness in overlooking offenses and giving God praise

Wednesday SOAP: Joseph, humbled under God's mighty hand for a time, and exalted in due time, (1 Peter 5:6), names his sons "making forgetful" and "fruitfulness." He rejoiced in that his blessings helped him forget all his trials. But God wasn't done with his past: God had exalted him and made him fruitful in order to deal with it properly!
-------------------
(Why "SOAP?" See http://www.enewhope.org/firststeps/journaling)
-------------------
S: And Joseph called the name of the firstborn Manasseh: For God, said he, hath made me forget all my toil, and all my father's house. (Genesis 41:51)
O: This happened to strike me today: Joseph felt grateful to God that he had put his toil (as a slave and a prisoner) and all his father's house behind him. He obviously felt that was a good thing at this point. After all, he had nursed the pain of his brothers' rejection and betrayal for possibly as long as 20 years by the end of the seven years' plenty.
A: But God had other plans. He made Joseph confront and settle his past. I don't think that's all that unusual. Sometimes we go through something that is hard, then put it behind us.. but then after some time of maturity, we still have to go and confront the situation or person. If God recalls something to my experience and review, may I have the ability to let go and praise Him like Joseph, recognizing the fruitfulness of the experience. (Genesis 50:20)
P: Father, you are all-wise - and your timing is perfect. I will trust that you will make me fruitful in overlooking offenses. I know you will give me the grace I need to review lessons in my life. And I thank you that my offenses, which are great, are covered by Christ's blood, remembered no more, cast behind your back, removed from me as far as the east is from the west.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

We have all contracted the virus....

2023—Week21: Ezra01-Nehemiah11; John19-Acts04

1 Samuel 28-29; Psalm 106; Romans 10