120113 - Genesis 24-25 - counting on the Lord

S: And the man wondering at her held his peace, to wit whether the LORD had made his journey prosperous or not. (Ge 24:21).
O: Abraham's servant goes looking for a wife for Isaac. He asks for a very specific sign and it's fulfilled immediately, even before he's done asking. He still isn't sure whether God has fulfilled his mission for him.
A: It's easy to look back and chuckle at this uncertainty, because I have the benefit of knowing the rest of the story, while the servant didn't. But even when she accepts his gift, agrees to host him and lets him know who her family is, he still sounds ready to turn aside to the right hand or the left. (24:49) The truth is, I often experience the same kind of uncertainty. Even when God opens the doors and fulfills every required need for whatever mission I'm on, Doubt can easily seep into my thinking. I need to act with decisive confidence instead.
P: Lord, thank you for this story of searching and calling out a bride, which reminds me of how you have called out the Church as a bride for yourself. Make me a faithful and decisive servant, at work in the world with your gifts to make this invitation.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

We have all contracted the virus....

2023—Week21: Ezra01-Nehemiah11; John19-Acts04

1 Samuel 28-29; Psalm 106; Romans 10