120215 - Matthew 24 - With signs of the times all around us, what should God's people be doing?

Wednesday SOAP: What Jesus wants me to be caught doing when He returns. Serving His servants. Feeding His sheep. Doing good at every opportunity. Perfecting the saints, doing the work of service, building up the Body of Christ. Rejoicing with those who rejoice and weeping with those who weep. Esteeming others better than myself. Awake and aware that my salvation is nearer than when I first believed.

-----------------------------------------------------------

S: Who then is a faithful and wise servant, whom his lord hath made ruler over his household, to give them meat in due season? (Mt 24:45).

O: I look at this passage as part of my instructions for today, what I should be doing now. Technically, it may be intended for Tribulation saints. But the principle applies, no matter which set of servants Jesus specifically refers to. The definition of a trustworthy / believing servant who is wise, prudent, mindful of his own interests, is that he is in charge of the service (therapeia - especially medical service) to other servants, to give them nourishment at opportunity. (kairos)

A: Kairos, "opportunity time," is a provocative concept in the language of the New Testament. Chronos is clock-time, fixed time, while kairos is as an opportunity or season arises. It's not for us to know the chronos or the kairos, which the Father has put in His own power, (Acts 1:7), but to take opportunities as they're presented to use the power He has given to build up and nourish the Body in mutual service. It may be that we can't create opportunities, but I'm convinced that it can appear so, if we're faithful and wise to so order our lives as to commit our resources to other believers.

P: Father, give me eyes to see these opportunities, give me faith, give me humility, to see where you are at work in someone's life so that I can likewise invest myself in that which you deem worthwhile and faithful work.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

We have all contracted the virus....

2023—Week21: Ezra01-Nehemiah11; John19-Acts04

1 Samuel 28-29; Psalm 106; Romans 10