110901-Proverbs 22 - The instrument of God's generosity

S:     Whoever has a bountiful eye will be blessed,
        for he shares his bread with the poor.
    (Proverbs 22:9 ESV)
   
O:    This attitude has impressed me very much since coming on staff with Campus Crusade. I see clearly now that some individuals are gifted and called to a very prosperous trade, so that Kingdom work can be funded. Others are amazingly able to act in faith as if they are very prosperous and the Lord somehow multiplies their gifts and their ability to give. It amazes and encourages me to see this, and I wonder what it must be like, as some of them have described the delight that it is to see so much of what God is doing and take such a significant part in it.

But especially when it comes to generosity to the poor and humble, this passage, 19:17, Luke 14:13-14, and Matthew 25:40 remind us that God has special regard for those who care for others who could never pay them back.

A: Everything is God's anyway - the faith way for me is to invest in His concerns as if I were only His stock broker and not the owner of the resources He's entrusted to me.

P: Father, let me refuse to look with envy and instead envy the faith and strength of character of the faithful through whom your work is done.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

We have all contracted the virus....

2023—Week21: Ezra01-Nehemiah11; John19-Acts04

1 Samuel 28-29; Psalm 106; Romans 10