Day 58: Numbers 34-36

Who is the manslayer? I am. (Romans 7:9) Satan deliberately laid the trap for all mankind, and is a "murderer from the beginning" (John 8:44, cf., Numbers 35:16-21) Who is the Avenger of Blood? This word is the same word in Hebrew as Redeemer (ga'al) It has to be someone:
  •  Of biological kinship to you
  • Unencumbered by personal guilt/debt
  • Able to redeem and the same person who could
  • Buy back your sold/defaulted property,
  • Buy you back if enslaved / sold into indentured servitude
  • Raise up seed on behalf of/in the name of a dead relative
Jesus became flesh (John 1:14Hebrews 10:5) in order to become my Redeemer. He is also my city of Refuge. (Psalm 46:1) as well as my High Priest (Hebrews 4:14-16). Isaiah 44:6 pulls His deity and His kinship-redeemer status together into one passage: 
"Thus saith the Lord the King of Israel, and his redeemer the Lord of hosts; I am the first, and I am the last; and beside me there is no God."(https://www.bible.com/bible/1/ISA.44.6.KJV)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

We have all contracted the virus....

2023—Week21: Ezra01-Nehemiah11; John19-Acts04

1 Samuel 28-29; Psalm 106; Romans 10